In this unsettling time, we would like to assure all our guests and partners that we are taking all necessary measures to prevent and protect the health and wellbeing of our valued guests and fellow team members on the island. We are closely monitoring the situation and will continue to work with local health authorities while strictly adhering to advice from the Health Protection Agency of the Maldives (HPA) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Measures for Safety
Our highest priority is that our guests and team members feel safe and secure. To ensure this, we have taken the following measures:
- Conducting on-going training to ensure that our team members are well informed and fully prepared to provide information and updates to our guests.
- Providing alcohol-based hand sanitizers in all public areas, guest rooms, restaurants and washrooms for frequent use and access. Back of the house has also been equipped with the same.
- Frequency of cleaning has been increased with particular attention to high-touch-areas in public areas, guest rooms and back of the house.
- Team members have been advised to give special attention to their hand hygiene in addition to the above.
- Medical professional on the island; the resort doctor, is well prepared and briefed for any situation that could arise.
- We are closely monitoring our guests and team members for any symptoms of flu to give necessary assistance and take precaution measures.
- Emergency processes and procedures have been put in place for any situation that could arise. The team members are well briefed on these processes.
Vakkaru Maldives offers flexibility to move bookings without any penalty or charges, subject to availability for up to twelve months (excluding festive period 23 December 2020 to 10 January 2021).
- All existing reservations for arrivals between 19 March until 30 April 2020, can be changed or cancelled at no cost up to 72 hours before scheduled arrival.
- All existing reservations and new reservations for arrivals from 1st May until 30th September 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no cost up to 7 days before scheduled arrival.
Should you need to make or amend a reservation, please contact:
We recognise that these are unsettling times and whether you are travelling now or in the future, we want you to know that your safety and wellbeing is our priority.
We wish you safe travels and look forward to welcoming you to our timeless sanctuary soon.
Last updated on: 26 March 2020